March 27, 2013

Focus: The Word Of The Year



If you read my last post, then you know that I am starting a year-long project that I've dubbed My One Word Project, or MOWP. For those of you who aren't familiar, MOWP is a project where I'm choosing one single word that I want to incorporate into my life over the next year. The word of the year for me is Focus - something I lack and something I need.

For the past couple weeks I've been pondering about what I want to focus on in my life. I started out with a long list and narrowed it down to seven categories. Those being - in no particular order of importance:

  • Writing
  • Health
  • Work
  • Social Life
  • Organization
  • Photography
  • Other Creative Pursuits (i.e., crafting, blogging, reading)

I don't have any particular plan of action for how to carry out MOWP. Basically, I'm just gonna wing it and see what happens. At the beginning of each month, I am going to come up with a list of things I want to accomplish over those next 30 days. Right now, this seems like the best approach to take. The likelihood of overwhelming myself and losing focus will be slim if I give myself some direction of what I want to do on a month-by-month basis.

Over the course of the next year, I'll be doing a series of posts about the above categories of focus and you'll be reading a lot about My One Word Project as I document how things progress.

Oh, in case you're wondering about the significance of the above photo, blackeyed peas are supposed to bring you luck and prosperity in the new year as long as you eat them on New Year's Day. I will be eating them today...will you?

Happy New Year everyone!



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment